By: Sharon Aron Baron
Sometimes it’s so easy to complain about the eyesores around town and those that don’t take pride in living in our community. But what about those that take the special effort to make their home or business beautiful?
The City now has a way to recognize those that make this special effort in a new program called “Coral Springs – Looking Good” and they are currently seeking nominations for this beautification award program,
The program, established by the Garden Club of Coral Springs and the Neighborhood and Environmental Committee, was formed to recognize exceptional properties that have made a contribution to keeping Coral Springs beautiful. This is an opportunity to reward schools, churches, public properties, parks, residential and private properties who do their part in making and keeping Coral Springs beautiful.
There are five categories, including:
- Commercial and public properties
- Small businesses
- Residential neighborhoods
- Single family properties
- Any property that provides wildlife shelter
The winners in each category will be invited to attend the annual Garden Club of Coral Springs Award Luncheon on May 14, where they will receive their award.
Anyone submitting a nomination ballot will automatically be entered in a drawing to be a guest at the awards luncheon.
Nomination ballots are available at City Hall, City Hall in the Mall and online at www.CoralSprings.org/lookinggood. All entries must be submitted by March 31. For more information, call Marcy DiMare at 954-253-9189.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts