By Sharon Aron Baron
Now every child can enjoy programs and activities in the City of Coral Springs.
A new access program launching this year through the Parks and Recreation department will allow low-income children to participate in activities for free.
The Recreation Access Discount Program Initiative provides children in qualifying households with a $200 discount on city programs during two registration periods from April 1 – September 30 and October 1, 2022 – March 31, 2023.
Activities covered by the program include Gymnastics, Future Veterinarian, Karate, and more.
The program does not cover camps, sports leagues, classes held by the Coral Springs Museum of Art, the Aquatic Complex, and the Tennis Center.
“This initiative, run through our Parks and Recreation Department, is something I have advocated for since joining the City Commission, and I am so proud to see it launch,” said Commissioner Nancy Metayer.
Participation will be limited to the first 60 households per registration period. Interested families must complete an application process at the Coral Springs Gymnasium, demonstrate financial need, and provide proof of residency.
In place of a physical card, a credit will be added to the resident’s household account and deducted as they register for classes and programs with Coral Springs Parks and Recreation.
The credit is only applicable for participants 17 years old or younger.
For a complete list of classes and programs, visit the Parks and Recreation portal.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.05.25Memorial Day Adoption Savings This Weekend at the Humane Society of Broward County
- News2022.05.19J.P. Taravella Drama Awarded 4 Cappies
- Crime & Safety2022.05.192 Coral Springs-Parkland First Responders Named Paramedics of the Year
- News2022.05.192nd Annual King of Coral Springs Chess Tournament Held May 21