By: Jen Russon
Teachers and staff at Coral Springs Middle School, home of the stallions, came together with positive messages, resilience, and hope for their students, who continue to wait out the COVID-19 crisis until campuses across Florida reopen to the public.
In a video featuring the vocal stylings of Justin Timberlake, Queen, and the American Authors’ ‘Best Day of my Life’ song, Coral Springs Middle students can now see over 100 of their teachers and school staff making the best of the stay-at-home order.
Principal Sara LaRosa said that when she put out a call to every teacher, specialist, cafeteria worker and custodian at her school to send in their pictures, every last one of them obliged within 48 hours.
From their driveways, garages, backyards, kitchens, and living rooms, teachers and staff flashed signs indicating how much they miss their Stallion family.
LaRosa credited school media specialist Charles Dadas, and Microtech Keith Reynolds with setting it all to music, and producing the video students can see when they log into Canvas.
“I have the most phenomenal staff and students. A dream of mine is to get them invited on Ellen,” LaRosa joked, adding seriously, that she knows the Stallions of Coral Springs Middle will come back stronger than ever when the threat of COVID-19 finally passes.
Some of the phenomenal staff LaRosa talked about, a parent and guidance director, Nicole Beaney, said she thinks the show of solidarity and smiles the school showed on camera was a real boost for the community.
“Our wonderful principal and teachers are great for morale during this distance learning phase. Thanks for all you do,” said Beaney.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at the imprint www.swallowpublishing.com. She lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- Events2021.04.16Coral Springs Museum of Art Shows Off Fresh New Look at City Hosted Press Day
- News2021.04.14Supt Runcie Announces the End of Remote Learning Option in 2021-2022
- News2021.04.12Coral Square Mall Vaccination Site to Close for First Doses After April 23
- Crime & Safety2021.04.11‘It Wasn’t Courage’ Woman Says After Donating Kidney to Coral Springs Resident