By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Parkland will be experiencing a lot of changes come November when only one sitting commissioner will be remaining in their original seat.
First, Commissioners David Rosenof and Mark Weissman, who occupy District 3 and 4, will be term-limited in November. Then, Mayor Michael Udine, who has resigned to run for a seat on the Broward County Commission will be gone. Commissioner Christine Hunschofsky, is gambling her seat to run for Mayor, which leaves only District 1 Commissioner Stacy Kagan in the same place.
The candidates qualifying for District 3 on Friday are: Kenneth Cutler and Geneva Love. Qualifying for District 4 are Roberta Weissman and Bob Mayersohn.
A special election will be held for the Mayor’s seat, and so far Christine Hunschofsky and Brian Rosaler have announced their candidacy. John Willis has announced that he will run for the Hunschofsky’s former District 2 seat. Qualifying period for this election will be held on noon, Monday, July 11, 2016 to noon, Friday, July 15, 2016.
The election for Mayor and City Commission seats will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2016.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts