By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Parkland will be experiencing a lot of changes come November when only one sitting commissioner will be remaining in their original seat.
First, Commissioners David Rosenof and Mark Weissman, who occupy District 3 and 4, will be term-limited in November. Then, Mayor Michael Udine, who has resigned to run for a seat on the Broward County Commission will be gone. Commissioner Christine Hunschofsky, is gambling her seat to run for Mayor, which leaves only District 1 Commissioner Stacy Kagan in the same place.
The candidates qualifying for District 3 on Friday are: Kenneth Cutler and Geneva Love. Qualifying for District 4 are Roberta Weissman and Bob Mayersohn.
A special election will be held for the Mayor’s seat, and so far Christine Hunschofsky and Brian Rosaler have announced their candidacy. John Willis has announced that he will run for the Hunschofsky’s former District 2 seat. Qualifying period for this election will be held on noon, Monday, July 11, 2016 to noon, Friday, July 15, 2016.
The election for Mayor and City Commission seats will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2016.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.25Congress Reintroduce Bipartisan EAGLES Act Mass Violence Prevention Bill
- News2021.02.25Coral Springs Man Becomes a Millionaire After Routine Visit to Grocery Store
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs Teen Among Elite Group of Students Named to Philanthropy Tank Class of 2021
- News2021.02.23CVS Will Offer COVID-19 Vaccinations Said Gov DeSantis