By: Sharon Aron Baron
The car show and family fun day, held alongside of the new Green Market, turned out to be a winning combination at a new venue this year.
Formerly held at the Sportsplex, this year they moved the show to the downtown area which brought many more families out to enjoy the fun.
Vice Mayor Larry Vignola, Chair of the Youth and Family Committee, was pleased with the turnout. “The amount of people that came out was tremendous.”
Vignola, who has been involved for eight years said that the event started as just a car club but many members have grown up and gone to college. “Last year it was switched over to a family fun day and we stopped charging admission, as we no longer had to support the club.”
Besides the cars, there were plenty of activities for families including a booth by Radio Disney, live music from School of Rock, a mobile boutique, bounce houses, face painting and lots of food. Also close by was the Green Market where residents could shop for fresh foods.
Vignola credits Parks and Recreation Coordinator Nedra Lyon for organizing all the vendors and setting it all up.
Next year, Vignola is hoping it will be held in the downtown area again, but with the uncertainty of construction, it’s too soon to tell. Stay posted because you don’t want to miss this next time.
You can catch the Green Market which runs every Saturday year-round from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m in Downtown Coral Springs 9530 W. Sample Rd.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.11.29Coral Springs Police Hold Annual Toy Drive Through December 15
- News2021.11.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste Dec. 4
- Events2021.11.28TICKET ALERT: 6th Annual Orchid and Plant Festival at the Sawgrass Nature Center
- News2021.11.26Donations Needed for United Way’s ‘Adopt-a-Family’ Annual Gift Drive