By Kevin Deutsch
Barnes & Noble now hopes to open its new Coral Springs location at The Walk in late September—later than the summer 2021 opening the company had initially planned.
Amelia Mulinder, Head of Public Relations at Barnes & Noble, said the bookseller’s return to Coral Springs is still expected to feature grand opening events.
“We are hoping for a late September opening for the new Coral Springs store but do not yet have an opening date,” Mulinder said in an email response to questions about the opening.
She said she would alert Coral Springs Talk “as soon as we have more to share” about the chain’s plans.
In May, Mulinder said the company was planning for a late Summer 2021 opening.
The bookseller’s beloved, 20-year-old Coral Springs location closed in February 2020.
After the closure, Amera Properties, the commercial real estate management company for The Walk, said they intended to work with Barnes & Noble to reopen a smaller store at the same location, matching the international chain’s new business model and format.
The expectation — pre-COVID-19 — was that the new location would be ready in just six months. A lengthier delay has ensued.
The former 27,000 square-foot location at 2790 N University Dr was split into two, with Trader Joe’s leasing the north side at 2796 N. University Dr and Barnes & Noble now relocated next door.
Although Barnes & Noble will be half the size of its old location, the store is expected to pack plenty of literary goodies into smaller quarters.
The location will focus more on books, boast a café serving Starbucks coffee, and sell an assortment of non-book items, like greeting cards.
The new store will be about 14,000 square feet, making it roughly 12,000 sq. ft. smaller than the chain’s typical locations.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.01.22Broward County Teachers, Classroom Assistants Get Pay Raises
- Crime & Safety2022.01.21Coral Springs Police Find Fentanyl-Laced Cocaine During Traffic stop
- Events2022.01.20Coral Springs Resident to Compete in Miss Florida Pageant
- Crime & Safety2022.01.20“Sorry But I Have To Do This”: Armed Robber Rips Off Coral Springs Vape Shop