By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Police were called early Tuesday morning to Visconti Condominium after multiple residents said they heard gunfire. One caller specifically stated that the shooter was a black male and identified him by name.
Once on the scene, a perimeter was set up along Riverside Drive and Atlantic Boulevard. Police narrowed the area down to a particular building on the southwest corner of the complex. Officers then conducted a search of the area including the hallways.
Police couldn’t find any victims, blood evidence or shell casings that indicated a crime had been committed and went door to door making contact with the residents. Although many residents heard shots fired, none of them were able to state the location where they occurred or give any details of who was involved, however, several residents stated that the shots came from the area of one particular building.
After attempting to contact the initial caller who identified the name of suspect, she was unable to be contacted or located.
Unable to locate a victim, the perimeter was broken down. At that time Officer Bromley observed multiple bullet holes in the rear of a parked car located on the south side of one of the buildings. A search of the parking lot was conducted by several officers where spent shell casings were recovered near a parked silver 4-door Acura with a temporary tag. Officers and detectives on the scene investigated and determined that the car belonged to a resident of one of the apartments in the complex. After making an initial contact, the residents would not answer their door again.
This case is open is still open and under investigation. If you have any information contact Det. Kenneth Johnson (954)346-1223.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee