By Hank McCoy
A pregnant woman, allegedly set off by her boyfriend taking too long with her car, flipped a coffee table, struck her boyfriend, then hit herself before a roommate called the police.
On July 13, Nicolette Votta of Coral Springs, 23, was arrested on charges of domestic battery after she got into a physical altercation with her boyfriend of two years.
Coral Springs Police arrived at the location at the 4000 block of NW 75th Avenue at 1:50 p.m. after Votta’s roommate contacted them.
According to the police report, Votta admitted to striking her boyfriend, the father of her unborn son after a verbal argument over him taking too long with her vehicle.
The situation became violent when Votta allegedly flipped over the glass coffee table in the living room. Her boyfriend attempted to defuse the situation; however, he was struck in the head and neck with a wooden paint stick and a shoe by Votta.
According to the police, she then hit herself as well, claiming the violent mood swings were a result of her pregnancy.
The attack left no visible injuries, but spit was found on the boyfriend’s ear, which he claimed was Votta’s.
The boyfriend did not wish to give a statement or be photographed by the police. Officers provided him with a victim’s right’s pamphlet and a domestic violence handout.
Votta was taken to CSPD for booking before heading to Broward Health Coral Springs to be medically cleared. Once released, she was transported to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Hank McCoy is a writer and journalist covering music, politics, and culture on his blog Hank’s Luncheonette, as well as currently working on publishing his first novel. Hank grew up in Parkland and graduated from FAU before moving to Chicago where he worked in the music industry as an artist and talent booker when he wasn’t throwing people out of punk bars. Hank recently moved back to South Florida after living overseas in Berlin while he traveled to Europe.
- News2020.09.04MSD Grad and Chicago Cubs Anthony Rizzo Talks About Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- News2020.09.02Coral Springs SRO’s Get Body Cameras This School Year
- News2020.09.01Calculator Thief Hit with Additional Grand Theft Charges
- News2020.08.23The Sum of his Charge for Stealing Calculators from Target Equals Grand Theft