By: Sharon Aron Baron
State championship drama students at Ramblewood Middle School present their latest production “Little Shop of Horrors” on May 11 and 12.
Little Shop of Horrors is a sci-fi horror musical with an 1960s pop rock score by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman. The musical premiered Off-Off-Broadway in 1982, and was made into a film in 1986.
The story is about Seymour Krelborn, a meek and dejected assistant at a floral shop who happens upon a strange plant, that he affectionately names Audrey II after his crush at the flower shop. Little does he know that this strange and unusual plant will develop a soulful R&B voice, a potty mouth, and an unquenchable thirst for human blood.
As Audrey II grows bigger and meaner, the carnivorous plant promises limitless fame and fortune to Seymour, as long as he continues providing a fresh supply of blood. Just when it’s too late, Seymour discovers Audrey II has extra-terrestrial origins and his true drive for world-domination.
Little Shop of Horrors is directed by Drama Teacher Meagan Nagy. Performances are $10 for adults and $5 for children and held at the JP Taravella auditorium at 10600 Riverside Drive in Coral Springs.
To purchase tickets in advance go to Seat Yourself.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- News2021.05.106 Named City of Coral Springs Business Excellence Award Winners
- News2021.05.10Submit your Best Shot and Win $100 in Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest
- Crime & Safety2021.05.09Coral Springs Couple Search for Good Samaritan Who Returned Wallet left on Top of Vehicle