By: Sharon Aron Baron
State championship drama students at Ramblewood Middle School present their latest production “Little Shop of Horrors” on May 11 and 12.
Little Shop of Horrors is a sci-fi horror musical with an 1960s pop rock score by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman. The musical premiered Off-Off-Broadway in 1982, and was made into a film in 1986.
The story is about Seymour Krelborn, a meek and dejected assistant at a floral shop who happens upon a strange plant, that he affectionately names Audrey II after his crush at the flower shop. Little does he know that this strange and unusual plant will develop a soulful R&B voice, a potty mouth, and an unquenchable thirst for human blood.
As Audrey II grows bigger and meaner, the carnivorous plant promises limitless fame and fortune to Seymour, as long as he continues providing a fresh supply of blood. Just when it’s too late, Seymour discovers Audrey II has extra-terrestrial origins and his true drive for world-domination.
Little Shop of Horrors is directed by Drama Teacher Meagan Nagy. Performances are $10 for adults and $5 for children and held at the JP Taravella auditorium at 10600 Riverside Drive in Coral Springs.
To purchase tickets in advance go to Seat Yourself.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses