By: Sharon Aron Baron
On September 6, the City is hosting its annual “September 11th Remembrance 5K” to remember the victims and honor the heroes of September 11, 2001.
This year, the route will begin at the Northwest Regional Library and head northbound on University Drive. The route will continue on University Drive and loop back at 48th Manor heading south on University Drive, finishing at the 9/11 Memorial. Please note that no bikes, skates or pets are permitted.
Participants may pre-register on Active.com. Cost is $25 for adults and $20 for participants 18 and under. Race day registration will begin at 5 a.m. and cost will go up $5. Photo ID is required and only cash will be accepted on race day. Also, you can register to be a volunteer at the race at Active.com. All proceeds go toward future September 11th Memorial services, future 5Ks and for maintenance of the Memorial site.
On Thursday, September 11 at 6 p.m., the City will honor the victims by laying a wreath at the 9/11 Memorial located outside Northwest Regional Library, followed by a tribute service inside the Library in the Community Room.
Anyone who suffered a loss of an immediate family member on September 11, 2001 should contact Gina Orlando at firstname.lastname@example.org to be a part of the City’s 9/11 tribute and 5K Remembrance.
The Northwest Regional Library is located at 3151 N. University Drive, just south of Sample Road. For more information, please call 954-344-1147.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.07.08Coral Springs Residents Earn Congressional Award Gold Medals
- Events2019.07.02Celebrate Independence Day in Coral Springs
- News2019.06.26Dan Daley Sworn in as Florida State Representative
- Crime & Safety2019.06.26Sheriff Tony Fires Two More Deputies after Marjory Stoneman Douglas School Shooting