By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Center for the Arts is offering a fun, theatrical-based learning experience for children and teens culminating in two major musical productions. Next Stop Broadway: The Academy will provide training classes in acting, singing, and dance for students in kindergarten through high school.
The one-year program is comprised of a building block format which allows each student to excel and learn in a nurturing environment of their peers. Studying during the school year is designed, so each student is more involved and receives individual attention. All the programs culminate in full-scale Broadway-style productions and recitals performed on a professional stage.
These training programs are developed on an independent study format so students can flourish while improving their skills. For only $130 per month, the students attend classes, workshops, and rehearsals in each area of study: music, dance, and acting.
Casting begins in early November when the production staff has had the chance to assess the students’ present capabilities. Everyone gets a role as either a lead, supporting player, or ensemble member, which reflects each individual’s current abilities as they further develop their own style.
The show is used as a vehicle to teach techniques that are more intriguing and challenging. The most powerful achievement will be their performance in a full-scale Broadway-style show at the end of the season, which can only be accomplished through consistent invigorating work and dedication.
- Wizard of Oz for grades 4-7 Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Wild Party for grades 8-12 Mondays, 6 to 9 p.m.
Group Ensemble Classes
Classes are $60 per month for acting, singing, and dance, for grades K-12. These inspiring programs allow students to train with professionals and build self-esteem and confidence and culminate with an end-of-season recital.
- NSB Juniors for grades K-12 Thursdays, 4 to 5 p.m.
- Singing FUNdamentals for grades 3-5 Wednesdays, 4 to 5 p.m.
- Acting FUNdamentals for grades 3-5 Wednesdays, 5 to 6 p.m.
- Acting & Improv for grades 6-10 Wednesdays, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Vocal Performance for grades 6-10 Wednesdays, 7 to 8 p.m.
- Hip Hop Performance for grades 2+ Tuesdays, 4 to 5 p.m.
- Competitive Hip Hop – by audition only Tuesdays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Musical Theatre Dance (Ballet, Tap, Jazz) Thursdays, 7:30 to 9 p.m.
Participants can work one-on-one with Next Stop Broadway’s talented instructors and strengthen their skills as a performer in acting, singing, or dance. Students can train for upcoming auditions, prepare pieces for talent competitions or college. The cost is $40 per half-hour lesson and $70 for a full hour.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.16Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Applications Open to 5 High Schools
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.13U.S. Rep Deutch Calls on Pence to Activate 25th Amendment
- News2021.01.13City Reminds Residents Coral Square Vaccination Site is by Appointment Only