By: Sharon Aron Baron
At their meeting on Tuesday, the Broward County School Board approved the appointment of Matthew Bianchi to become the new Principal of Westglades Middle School.
After spending the past eight years as an Assistant Principal at Sawgrass Springs Middle School in Coral Springs, Bianchi replaces Principal Jack Vesey who will be retiring at the end of September, but first, Versey will have a temporary assignment at Bair Middle School in Sunrise.
Bianchi has worked in public education for 16 years. As an Assistant Principal, Mr. Bianchi has been active in mentoring teacher leaders as the Co-Chair of the Leadership and Mentoring Program (LAMP) and assisting in professional growth of Assistant Principals throughout Broward County as a member of Assistant Principal Council. In 2015, Bianchi was a finalist for Assistant Principal of the Year in Broward County.
Prior to working at Sawgrass Springs Middle School, Bianchi was a middle school social studies and computer teacher at Pioneer Middle School in Cooper City, Florida. He served as an Interim Assistant Principal at that school prior to his appointment at Sawgrass Springs Middle. He also was a club sponsor, athletic coach for basketball, track, soccer, and flag football, and Chair of the School Advisory Council. Bianchi began his teaching at William M. Raines High School in Jacksonville, Florida where he taught social studies, computers, and served as the Magnet Coordinator and Technology Specialist.
Bianchi holds a Master of Education degree from the University of Florida and a Bachelor’s degree in History with a minor in Education from the University of Florida. He completed the Educational Leadership program at Florida Atlantic University.
Bianchi said he is honored to be the new Principal at Westglades Middle School and looks forward to the opportunity to work alongside the community, students, and staff to continue the Westglades tradition of excellence.
Westglades Middle School is located at 11000 Holmberg Rd, Parkland, FL 33321.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee