By: Matt Rothman
It was another strong offensive performance for the Coral Springs High School baseball team after winning 12-2 on Senior Day.
Before the game, the Colts honored Ian Pearson, Alex Christmas, Jordan Brown, and Tyler Federman.
All players made an impact, and Federman earned the win on the mound. He pitched four innings and struck out four. Pearson came in for the final two innings to close the game out. Offensively, Brown and Christmas combined for three hits while Christmas knocked in a run.
For Head Coach Michael Federman, it meant a lot that the seniors stayed at the same school for four years.
“Nowadays, kids attend four [different] schools in four years, so for these seniors to stay here means a lot to me and the program,” said Coach Federman. “I wish them all the best of luck when this is over.”
Ross Lazar drove in a game-high three runs while Ben Bersiko, Craig Dumas, Federman, Anthony Fiore, and Giovanni Rosa all had RBI’s as well.
On the base path, the Colts ran wild and was 10/10 stealing bases. Berisko, Brown, and Federman all swiped two bags while Christmas, Dumas, Braden Glascoe, and Victor Velasquez stole bases. Velasquez also scored one of the team’s 12 runs.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision