By: Sharon Aron Baron
Several organizations are bringing awareness to the atrocities that occurred during the Holocaust and want to make sure others never forget during their third annual Six Million Steps to Holocaust Awareness walk in Coral Springs.
Held on Sunday, April 2, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. –12:00 p.m., the Six Million Steps to Holocaust Awareness walk is hosted by Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek, Temple Beth Am, the Jewish Federation of Broward County, Orloff Central Agency for Jewish Education and The Jewish Agency for Israel.
The goal is to bring the Broward County community together and heighten the awareness of the atrocities that occurred during the Holocaust by walking six million steps in the memory of the six million who perished in the Holocaust.
This year, the event will take place simultaneously in Broward County as well as in Nesher, Israel and donations collected will be donated to the Broward County March of the Living a program where teens from around the world come together each year and bear witness to the destruction of the Holocaust in Poland and then travel to Israel. This trip provides a hands-on experience to Holocaust education and liberation in Israel.
Registration and payment can be made online at Six Million Steps or on the day of the event.
Please follow them on Facebook. The event is open to all residents and will be held at the Coral Springs Sportsplex Track, Coral Glades High School, 2700 Sportsplex Drive, Coral Springs.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.14Coral Springs-Parkland Firefighter Who Battled Cancer Laid to Rest