The Coral Springs Firefighters Benevolent Association is hosting the first annual Joseph Schiro Memorial Run on March 2nd and are looking for sponsors to help offset the costs which will help provide funds for the children that Schiro left behind.
Officer, Joseph L. Schiro, 27, from the Shadow Wood area of Coral Springs was a warrior for our freedom, he selflessly gave his life to defend our freedom and died October 6, 2012 while on his fourth deployment to Afghanistan. He also served in Iraq with the 82nd Airborne Division’s 3rd Battalion, 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment in 2006. This event is for his family and supporters to say thank you and give back so little to a family who gave so much. He is survived by his wife Diana, and his three young children JT, 4, Caroline, 2, and Nathaniel 9 months.
All proceeds will benefit the trust set up for his three children.
Donation Entry Fee $20 This is a Crawl, Walk, Run for all.
Parking and restrooms facilities will be at “Church by the Glades” on Atlantic and Lakeview Dr. The event itself will be located at Sawgrass and Atlantic Levee.
They are looking for sponsors, and could use some help in getting the following, otherwise there will not be anything left over for the childen’s fund: The firefighter benevolent association is a
non-profit/tax deductible corporation.
$1600 Award sponsor
$1200 Tech Shirt Sponsor
$1000 Sway Bag sponsor
If you can help with a sponsorship, please contact : Talia Hunter VP Firefighters Benevolent Association, 954-675-1260.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Chaplain Awarded 2021 ‘Chaplain of the Year’
- Events2021.12.01Nominate a Coral Springs Business for a 2022 Excellence Awards
- Events2021.12.01Literary Guest Speakers Announced for 2022 Coral Springs Festival of the Arts
- News2021.11.30Broward County Public Schools Data Hacked by Cybercriminals