By: Chris Brunner
Temple Beth Orr is planning a month of giving back to the community, with the “tip-off” being Mitzvah Day, Mitzvah Madness on Sunday, March 19, 2017.
The mission of these events is to bring people together to perform acts of service and kindness for the temple and broader community and provide an opportunity for people of all ages to embody the spirit of tikkun olam (repairing the world).
Everyone is invited to join in the fun. The event will begin in the sanctuary with Rabbi Klein teaching about the act of mitzvot (a charitable act) and its importance.
The activities will continue in the social hall where a myriad of projects will take place including making sandwiches, knitting blankets, sorting clothing, toiletries, plastic caps and canned goods for those in need; writing thank you notes to soldiers and first responders; yoga, car wash, gardening and baking; collecting supplies for animals; a blood drive and much more.
There will also be several community partners onsite including Life Alliance, The Anti-Defamation League, Jewish Family Services and Sawgrass Nature Center.
Additional offsite activities will take place throughout the month of March, benefitting several community organizations.
Mitzvah Day, Mitzvah Madness will take place at Temple Beth Orr 2151 Riverside Drive, Coral Springs, FL on March 19, from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
For more information or to donate needed items contact Melissa Kenny firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-821-3482.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed