By Agrippina Fadel
Next Stop Broadway’s Teen Theatre Project is putting finishing touches on a brand-new spooky premiere.
The Addams Family musical comes to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts for two performances only – and you won’t want to miss it.
With two shows on Saturday, August 6, at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., the musical features talented teen performers in a creepy, kooky family reunion for the ages. The tickets are $25, with $12 Student Rush Tickets available on show day.
Featuring an original story about every father’s nightmare, Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet, intelligent young man from a respectable family — a man her parents have never met.
And if that wasn’t upsetting enough, Wednesday confides in her father and begs him not to tell her mother. Now, Gomez Addams must do something he’s never done before – keep a secret from his beloved wife, Morticia. Everything will change for the whole family on a fateful night when they host a dinner for Wednesday’s “normal” boyfriend and his parents.
The production is based on the book by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, with music and lyrics by Andrew Lippa.
The musical is the culmination of the summer camp for young artists, running from July 5 to August 6. Each session is a fully designed Broadway-style production.
Next Stop Broadway Communications Director Randy Koral said all residents are invited to see the results of the hard work the young artists had put into the musical. “Even families who don’t have kids in the productions can still see the performances. We hope the community will come and check out the shows,” he added.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master’s in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2022.08.09Coral Springs’ Destiny Rayne Releases New Single
- Events2022.08.04Plant Exchange Stand in Coral Springs Helps Keep Gardens Free of Invasive Greenery
- Events2022.08.02J.P. Taravella Holds Bootcamp for Freshmen and New Students
- Events2022.07.31The Addams Family Musical Comes to Coral Springs