By Rachael Nestel
A fine dining restaurant known for its world-class cuisine and award-winning wine list is hosting a five-course dinner and saké pairing to benefit the community.
Renowned Chef Keith Blauschild has teamed up with saké sommelier Midori Roth to craft a delicious repertoire of entrées coupled with the most flavorful sakés for a unique gastronomy experience. Proceeds from this event will go to Joe Dimaggio Children’s Hospital.
Roth will attend the event to cover the basics of how saké is made and important terms to know, tasting notes, and flavor profiles.
The menu for this special tasting consists of elegant ingredients, such as the Takoyaki Crispy Tuna Taco with the Octopus Takoyaki Waffle, “Steak and Eggs” Grilled Wagyu Steak with Bottarga Butter Baby Bok Choy, Matcha Coconut Cake, and more. Each course will feature a saké pairing designed especially to bring out the flavors of each meal.
Dena Lowell, the owner of The Cook & The Cork, said they were honored to work with the Visit Lauderdale Food and Wine Festival, which benefits the Joe Dimaggio Children’s Hospital.
“The cause so inspires Chef Keith,” said Lowell. “Plus, he gets to work with Midori Roth, a renowned saké expert. He enjoyed creating a menu to pair with some of the rarest and most sought-after sake in the world.”
The Flavors of Asia saké pairing dinner is held on Tuesday, January 10, at 7 p.m. and is $165 per person. Tickets can be purchased on The Cook & The Cork’s website or their Facebook page.
Visit the restaurant on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Fridays 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Saturdays from 5:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., located at 9890 West Sample Road in Coral Springs, Florida.
- Rachael Nestel has lived in Coral Springs for three years. She taught middle school English for over four years and currently works full-time as a Senior Copywriter. Rachael graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Media Studies from Rutgers University in 2009.
- Events2023.01.31Get Fit Every Ten Minutes at the New SWEAT440 in Coral Springs
- Events2023.01.31Coral Springs Museum of Art Hosts Love-Themed Happy Hour
- Events2023.01.30Unwind and Pamper Yourself: Beyond Nail Lounge Now Open in Coral Springs
- Events2023.01.23J.P. Taravella High School Presents ‘All Shook Up’ Musical Honoring the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll