By: Sharon Aron Baron
It’s been a long wait, but Trader Joe’s fans are used to that — after all, the campaign to get a Trader Joe’s to Coral Springs has been a five-year-journey.
In 2015, Coral Springs Talk took a poll to see if residents would like a Trader Joe’s in the city, and the response was overwhelming. We directed fans of the store to fill out Trader Joe’s online location request form, and for five years, have been on a mission to get them to move to Coral Springs.
The opening date of the store will be Friday, October 30; however, it’s not known whether the Coral Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce will be invited or if this will be a private store event.
Michael Rahael, Amera’s Director of Real Estate Services said, “We are really pleased to welcome Trader Joe’s to The Walk and to Coral Springs. Everyone involved has worked hard to make this happen and we are looking forward to their opening.”
Trader Joe’s is located at The Walk at 2792 N University Drive.
Formerly a Barnes & Noble which closed at the end of February, Gillian Johnson, marketing director with Amera Properties said the 27,000 sq. ft. space would be divided between Trader Joe’s and another tenant.
Trader Joe’s has been long-anticipated in the city, and residents rave about their low prices, unique brands, and excellent customer service. Some of their specialties include their Mandarin Orange Chicken, Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, and their Belgian Chocolate Pudding.
While a typical grocery store may carry 50,000 items, Trader Joe’s stocks about 4,000 — 80 percent of which bear one of its own brand names. Foods include gourmet, organic, vegetarian, kosher, and unusual frozen foods. They also carry domestic and imported wine and beer.
“We feel Trader Joe’s represents a huge step forward for the property owner and the city to keep The Walk and Coral Springs the center of the action in Northwest Broward County,” said Charlie Ladd, a Fort Lauderdale based real estate agent representing the building’s owner, Amera Group.
Trader Joes includes Boca Raton, Pembroke Pines, Davie, Wellington, and Fort Lauderdale.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts