By Sharon Aron Baron
Tropical Financial Credit Union, located in Coral Springs, has donated $1,000 and approximately 1,000 toys to the Toys for Tots program in South Florida.
The donation was made in partnership with WPLG-TV Local 10 through the annual Big Bus Toy Express event. The credit union and the TV station held toy drives at various locations in Miami-Dade and Broward County, with Tropical Financial branches serving as the first and last pick-up spots.
The toys and cash donations were collected by volunteers and marines and loaded onto a bus decked in holiday colors.
Tropical Financial also invited employees of the Miami-Dade County government to hang a branded ornament on a Christmas tree, with the credit union buying a toy for each ornament placed. This added to the collection of toys donated by members and employees, resulting in a total of 1,000 toys being donated to the program.
Amy McGraw, Vice President of Marketing and Chief Experience Officer at Tropical Financial, said, “We are once again proud to partner with WPLG and the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve to support Toys for Tots. This is something our members and employees rally around each year. Helping the community is in our DNA.”
Tropical Financial is located at 8947 W Atlantic Blvd.
The Toys for Tots program, organized by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, aims to provide gifts to less fortunate children in the community during the holiday season. In 2021, the program distributed 167,199 toys to more than 83,000 children in South Florida. This year, the goal is to reach 100,000 children.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2023.02.03The Time-Honored Tradition of Girl Scout Cookie Sales is Here
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Sawgrass Expressway Accident Leaves 2 Injured
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Coral Springs High School Placed on Precautionary Lockdown Due to a Nearby Gun-Related Threat
- Events2023.01.31Free Concerts Return at ‘The Walk on Wednesday’s’ in Coral Springs