By Sharon Aron Baron
Florida Watercolor Society invites all ages to attend their 50 Annual Exhibition from September 4 – November 15 at the Coral Springs Museum of Art.
Free and open to the public, the exhibit presents 100 of the best entries submitted statewide by 288 water media artists.
The Annual Exhibition is one of the highlights of the Society’s annual Convention from September 23 – 26 at the Ft. Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel and Convention Center.
Internationally renowned watercolorist Keiko Tanabe juried this year’s event, which received 491 Exhibition entries.
On September 23, he will give a presentation and demonstration to open the Convention and present the Exhibition Review later in the weekend.
“I am deeply honored to be a juror in such an important milestone year for the Florida Watercolor Society and delighted to present a strong show,” said Tanabe. “I also find this show unique in that there were many artists who responded, directly or indirectly, to what Florida, as an environment, offers. The artists transformed its influence into many forms of creative expression and spirit.”
For the full Convention schedule, to register and attend the Exhibition or Convention, visit the FWS website, www.floridawatercolorsociety.org.
With nearly 1,000 members, FWS is one of the largest state-based watercolor societies in the U.S. Membership is open to all water media artists who are Florida residents.
For more information, contact FWS President Diane Lary at email@example.com.
The Coral Springs Museum of Art is at 2855 Coral Springs Drive Suite A.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.276 Inch Gas Line Rupture on Wiles Road Causing Closures
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway