By: Jen Russon
Broward County Public Schools successfully carried out distance learning this week, as approximately 15,000 teachers and 220,000 students from around the district participated in remote learning, via Clever and Canvas.
In celebration of how well Westchester families handled its first full week online, teachers and staff at the Coral Springs school put out a video that expressed just how thankful they are for the resiliency they’ve seen during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Kassie Hameister, a curriculum coach at Westchester said the 11-minute video was a pleasure to put together.
The Westchester mascot is a wildcat, and viewers of the ‘We Miss You’ video can hear both staff and teachers collectively roar.
“We pride ourselves on being a close-knit school. We have over 1,000 students, but we are like one big family. Our principal, Missy Geraine, wanted our students to see how much we truly love them, and how much we miss them,” said Hameister.
Principal Geraine said as much on her outgoing message to the students of Winchester Elementary, describing the Wildcats who attend as always striving to be their best selves.
Geraine remains committed to ensuring all Westchester Wildcats continue to get a world-class education even if residents of Coral Springs must shelter in place through at least May 1, if not the remainder of the school year.
“We’ll get through this together,” she and her fellow Wildcats said.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.08.03J.P. Taravella Drama Selling Spots for ‘Huge’ Garage Sale and Craft Show
- Events2021.07.26Meet J.P. Taravella’s New Band Director at Dessert Event
- Events2021.07.26New Principal at Forest Glen Middle Invites Students to Attend ‘Wildcat Academy’
- Events2021.07.23‘We Won’t Pay Rent!’ Teen Cast Prepares for Opening Night of Award-Winning Musical