Broward County Public Schools Magnet Programs and Nova Schools application period for the 2013/14 school year is now open through February 13, 2013. All Coral Springs, Parkland and Tamarac students in grades K-12 are eligible to apply.
Parents and students may choose from an array of educational options available for the next school year and determine where they would like to apply.
Interested in Performing and Visual Arts? How about Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics? Perhaps Pre-Law, Pre-Med or maybe the Military Academy is more to your liking.
These are just a few of the areas of study and courses provided as part of Broward County Public Schools Magnet Programs, which focus on students’ special interests, talents and abilities.
Parents and students may also apply to Nova Schools, a K-12 national model, which promotes a high quality instruction for all students. The Nova Schools are charged with researching, identifying and implementing best practices in teaching literacy that promotes maximum student achievement.
- Students applying to kindergarten must be five-years-old by September 1, 2013.
- Applicants to middle and high school magnet programs must submit a copy of their recent report card and standardized test scores (FCAT or other achievement test).
- Applications are available online or a paper application may be submitted by mail.
For more information, contact the Demographics and Student Assignments Office at 754-321-2480. The deadline to apply is February 13, 2013.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.17Official 2021/22 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar
- News2021.05.17Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution May 19, Volunteers Needed
- News2021.05.16Winner of Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest Announced
- News2021.05.14City of Coral Springs Honors Nurses and Volunteers from COVID19 Vaccine Site