By: Sharon Aron Baron
A young woman driving the wrong way in Coral Springs early Saturday morning died after she collided with a taxi.
According to Sergeant Carla Kmiotek, the crash happened at 5:40 a.m. on the 2700 block of Coral Ridge Drive where a preliminary investigation shows that a 2005 Nissan Altima driven by Leslie Amanda Eastland Campos, 24, of Tamarac was traveling northbound in the southbound lane. Kmiotek said that the Altima struck a taxi with two occupants: driver Mathiu Aurelien, 54, and passenger Keven Brice, 30, both of Margate.
Aurelien and Brice were both taken to Broward Health North where Aurelien was treated and released. Brice remains hospitalized with serious injuries.
Kmiotek said that Eastland Campos somehow got on the wrong side of the road, but it is too soon to know whether or not she was under the influence of alcohol.
She does urge anyone with information to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Derek Fernandes 954-346-1754.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video