By: Sharon Aron Baron
Drawing thousands of spectators every year, the City has set this year’s theme of the annual Holiday Parade to coincide with Star Wars latest installment “The Force Awakens.”
Led by Darth Vader and Star Wars characters from the 501st Legion Everglades Squad, a worldwide volunteer club that brings Star Wars movies costume enthusiasts together. The parade will feature superheroes, decorated floats, marching bands and others that run will run along Sample Road beginning at Coral Springs Drive to City Hall.
Before the holiday parade on December 9, individuals and families are invited to participate in the Coral Springs Holiday Mile running race along Sample Road at 6:15 p.m. The start location is at the northeast corner of Sample Road and Coral Springs Drive (in front of the CVS). The event is timed with awards, which is open to runners of all ages and abilities.
The parade starts December 9, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. Sample Road west of University Drive and east of NW 110th Avenue, and Coral Springs Drive north of NW 29th Street and south of NW 37th Street, will be closed on the night of the parade from 5 p.m. until approximately 10 p.m. Awards will be given in both non-profit and business divisions.
Handicap parking will be available behind City Hall, 9551 West Sample Road. Access from Wiles Road by turning south on Coral Hills Drive. A handicap parking decal required, and seating will be available at the intersection of Sample Road and Coral Hills Drive. Please notify the City 24 hours in advance if ADA accommodations are needed.
To find out about becoming a parade volunteer, call Volunteer Services at 954-346-4430. In case of inclement weather, the parade will be held on Thursday, December 10. For more information on participating in the 2015 Holiday Parade, call 954-345-2112. Participants for the race must pre-register online for $15, and are asked to park at the Center for the Arts. Race day registration is $20. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.07.08Coral Springs Residents Earn Congressional Award Gold Medals
- Events2019.07.02Celebrate Independence Day in Coral Springs
- News2019.06.26Dan Daley Sworn in as Florida State Representative
- Crime & Safety2019.06.26Sheriff Tony Fires Two More Deputies after Marjory Stoneman Douglas School Shooting