By: Sharon Aron Baron
One Coral Springs resident got a big surprise from Santa Claus a little earlier than expected this year when a soldier returned from overseas for a visit.
Marisa Yannayon, 18, took her younger sister, Natalie, 6, to see Santa Claus at Coral Square Mall this past weekend and was in for a big surprise. Unbeknownst to Marisa, her boyfriend, U.S. Army resident Specialist Raymond Washington, was hiding just out of sight, according to Christina Lambard who shared this video of her stepdaughter.
Santa Claus told Marisa that he had a special present for her because she’d been so good this year, at which point Washington, who has been serving in Afghanistan for almost a year, appeared from behind the North Pole backdrop for an emotional reunion.
Both Marisa and Raymond are both graduates of JP Taravella High School in Coral Springs where they were in JROTC together. After visiting with his family, both Raymond and Marisa plan to visit Disney over the holiday.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive