By: Sharon Aron Baron
People of all ages always feel good about themselves when they build something from scratch. This year the Chabad Center of Jewish Life in Southwest Coral Springs is partnering with the Home Depot to offer every child a chance to build their very own Menorah.
The event will be taking place at The Home Depot at 750 N. University Drive Coral Springs on Wednesday, December 17th at 5:30 pm. There will be Chanukah refreshments and music for all to enjoy. This event is free.
“During our long history Jews have learnt to become creative” says Mrs. Chana Denburg the Director of the Abbott & Carole Cohen Chabad Hebrew School. “Who would think that random items from Home Depot could become the enduring symbol of freedom that the Menorah represents?”
Car Parade and Candle Lighting Ceremony
In addition to the DIY workshop the Chabad Centers of Coral Springs will be celebrating with a huge Car Parade on Sunday December 21 leaving from Chabad Central on 3925 N. University Dr. at 6 pm. The Parade will end at Coral Square Mall where hundreds of people are expected to be joined by city dignitaries to light a brand new Candy Menorah being built especially for the occasion. The Candle Lighting Ceremony will take place in front of the JC Penny at 7 pm. The program will include live music, a funny magic show for the children, and free Sufganiyot (the traditional jelly donuts) for everyone.
“Chanukah is a time when we rejoice in the freedom and liberty the Maccabees fought for and that we enjoy today in America, where we can publicly celebrate our values”, explains Rabbi Yankie Denburg, the spiritual leader of the Chabad Center for Jewish Life. “We pride ourselves on being a Synagogue where everyone is family, and we are excited about sharing the Holiday joy and light with all our neighbors and friends.”
There will also be a Chanukah Information booth at the Mall every evening beginning on Sunday December 16th.
For more information please visit www.chabadSWcoralSprings.org or call 954-471-8646.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive