By: Sharon Aron Baron
Parents with young children may want to check out the The Sawgrass Nature Center & Wildlife Hospital’s “Nature Explorers,” an engaging nature program for children ages 3-5 years.
During Nature Explorers, children have the opportunity to have a hands-on adventure exploring their natural environment and the creatures that inhabit it. The program includes a topical book, craft, activities and live animal visit.
In 2015, they also have a new day offered for the program on Wednesday afternoons at 1pm. Cost is $5 for SNC members ($8 non-members) per class and proceeds support the Sawgrass Nature Center & Wildlife Hospital’s mission of educating the public about South Florida’s wildlife, natural history and environment, rehabilitating injured and orphaned native animals and promoting healthy outdoor living. Pre-registration is requested.
The Sawgrass Nature Center is located at 3000 Sportsplex Dr., Coral Springs, FL in the Sportsplex. For more information or to pre-register, please call the Sawgrass Nature Center at 954-752-9453 or visit their website at sawgrassnaturecenter.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive