By: Matt Rothman
Five basketball players from Coral Springs High School have recently signed their official letter of intent to play in college.
The girls’ team had four players sign, three attending Warner University in Lake Wales with Cynthia Pierre-Louis, Carissa Marthy, and Jourdin Gayle. The other players helped the Lady Colts win 21 games and make a deep postseason run. Shameka Mapp signed with St. Thomas University in Miami.
Mapp and Gayle averaged 11 points per game last year, while Piere- Louis added eighth, and Marthy averaged six. These four players also played on the Bad Girls Travel basketball team.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year
- NewsNovember 23, 2023Coral Springs Charter’s Catcher Stephanie Basso Makes College Pick