By Matt Rothman
It was signing day at Coral Springs Charter Wednesday afternoon, with six athletes making their commitment official.
Four-time State Champion Brianna Godfrey officially signed to play at Marshall University. In her six years on the varsity team, Godfrey has won 53 games and pitched to an ERA of .73. She has also hit .448, with seven home runs, 82 RBI, and 40 extra-base hits.
A.J. Prendergast has been a star on the mound for the Panthers baseball team and is heading to Flagler. The senior has three no-hitters, including one where he struck out 20 against Coral Springs High School. In three years with Head Coach Charlie Fine, Prendergast has 11 wins and an ERA of 1.05.
After committing earlier this month, Anthony Fiore is signed to play at Palm Beach State College. After coming over from Coral Springs High School, Fiore is the leading hitter with a .485 batting average with a home run and 22 RBIs.
Madison Micioni will remain local and is signed to play soccer at Florida Atlantic University. Despite missing her senior season, Micioni recorded 20 goals and 14 assists as a defender. She helped lead the Panthers to the playoffs for two years in a row.
Gymnastics star Sydney Crouch will be competing at Southeast Missouri State University. Crouch has been a member of the American Twisters club, where at five, she started doing cartwheels and handstands. During her junior season, she was a state, regional, and national qualifier.
After a four-year run on the varsity volleyball team, Olivia Panico is signed to play for the U.S. Coast Guard. She finished with 596 kills, 259 digs, 140 blocks, and 56 aces. She was recently awarded a $1,000 scholarship at the Broward County Athletic Association banquet.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter