By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Annual Coral Springs/Parkland Pre-Thanksgiving Interfaith Unity Service is a well-established tradition drawing people from all faiths and a dozen local houses of worship.
This year’s service, hosted by Temple Beth Orr, will be held Tuesday, November 20.
For more than 25 years, the service has featured a combined choir of all participating congregations, a joint children’s choir and a presentation by the elected officials Coral Springs and Parkland in honor of the occasion.
A cash offering will be taken and divided evenly between The Broward Coalition to End Homelessness and Feeding South Florida (formerly the Daily Bread Food Bank) and those attending are invited also to bring canned goods for the Rabbi Gross Food Closet at Temple Beth Orr.
Since 1991, the Unity Service has been a local tradition in a multi-faceted community where diversity is cause for celebration rather than friction. The local Clergy Coalition works together on the inspirational prayer content, within the framework of a musical program that is designed by the choral directors of all four sponsor congregations.
The joint choir and children’s choir are made up of members of all participating congregations. In order to maximize the interfaith aspects of the Unity Service, the preacher invited to offer the evening’s sermon is not the spiritual leader of the host congregation.
Everyone is welcome to attend this year’s event. Service begins at 7:00 p.m. For more information about the Pre-Thanksgiving Interfaith Unity Service, please contact the spiritual leader of your house of worship or call Temple Beth Orr at 954-753-3232 ext. 201.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration