By: Sharon Aron Baron
Beginning December 1, Broward County Public Schools will open the School Choice application window for the 2019/20 school year where parents can apply online for school reassignments, Nova and magnet programs.
During the window lasting through February 6, 2019, parents are encouraged to explore all of the district’s School Choice options available for their families.
Whether parents apply December 1 or February 6, they still have the same chance of getting accepted into an available school, and if there are more applications than seats, it will go into a lottery. Also, magnet and Nova schools provide bus service, a school reassignment does not.
To learn more about the many educational options available across Broward County Public Schools and apply online beginning December 1, visit the School Choice website at browardschools.com/schoolchoice. Families can explore their options in several ways, such as by student interest, grade level and by individual school name.
To apply to Coral Springs Charter School, please keep in mind that first preference will be given to Coral Springs residents. Applications are accepted from the 6 – 12-grade school from February 15, 2019, 12:00 a.m. thru June 20, 2020, 11:59 p.m. The application is online at Coral Springs Charter School.
The School Choice application will be available online on the School Choice website beginning December 1, 2018, at 8 a.m. For more information on School Choice, parents and guardians can contact the Demographics and Student Assignments Department at 754-321-2480.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime