By Jill Fox
Award-winning Irish tenor Emmet Cahill is bringing his solo act to Coral Springs. Best known as a principal singer with the acclaimed Irish music show Celtic Thunder, he now has a successful career as a solo artist.
On March 13, the “promising young tenor” will perform at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church. His concert will feature a blend of traditional Irish songs, church hymns, Broadway standards, nostalgic favorites and a bit of opera.
“The program will be quite diverse, and we’re going to have the choir as well, so it’s a concert for people of all musical tastes,” said Cahill.
He began touring with Celtic Thunder in 2011, at just 28 years old, followed by launching his career as a solo artist in 2015. As a soloist, Cahill has performed across North America and has been featured as a guest artist with several symphonies, culminating with a sold-out concert at New York’s Carnegie Hall in March 2018.
In his biggest tour to date, covering over 70 cities across North America, Cahill is thrilled to visit Coral Springs.
“It’s my first time going to Coral Springs and working with this fantastic church,” said Cahill. “They’re a great community and the support for the concert has already been fantastic.”
Right now, his focus is on his career and touring. Cahill said he would love to keep doing what he’s doing, reaching new audiences all the time and telling his story.
His Coral Springs performance will feature selections from his new album, “Blessings of Music,” including Irish classics, “When Irish Eyes are Smiling” and “Danny Boy”.
“I talk a lot about Ireland and life on the road. It’s a personal evening of music and song, where audiences can really connect to what we do,” he said.
Cahill feels that people resonate so much with Irish stories because there are so many people connected to Ireland through their ancestry.
“That’s what we’re out to do, to carry on that story and make people feel connected during the concert as well.”
Cahill will perform at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church on Wednesday, March 13 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $35 – $50 and may be purchased online at emmetcahill.com, at the church, or at the door.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.02.27Chris Hixon Memorial Run Raises $40,000 For Student-Athlete Scholarships
- Events2021.02.27Preparations Underway For Annual ‘Egg My Lawn’ Event Honoring Gina Montalto
- News2021.02.22Hair Color In Only 30 Minutes: Coral Springs Salon Moves In the ‘Root’ Direction
- News2021.02.15Oldest Publix In Coral Springs Closed for Remodel