Coral Springs and Parkland residents, do you want to help shelter dogs find permanent loving homes? The Humane Society of Broward County is introducing a new program that lets you care for a dog in your home, market and adopt out dogs.
This exciting new program that specifically targets At-Risk dogs. The Adoption Ambassador program will recruit Ambassador families throughout our community to provide temporary refuge for these dogs. The Ambassadors will ensure the dogs are very visible, wearing their bright orange “Adopt Me” vests, by walking them in parks and public venues that permit dogs to give them exposure to potential adopter families. They’ll also use other means such as social media, homemade signs and whatever else works to let everyone know they have a lovable friend that needs a home. Once the Adoption Ambassador has found the perfect adopter for the dog, they will process the paperwork and present the family with their new companion. The dog will have no reason to come back to the shelter.
The majority of the dogs at our shelter are surrendered by families that can no longer care for them. Since they know what it’s like to live in a nurturing home, some dogs find it hard to adapt to life in a kennel. These dogs can end up getting depressed and physically ill, sometimes losing their desire to live. With the introduction of the Adoption Ambassador program, HSBC can now offer them an alternative. Sometimes all it takes is removing them from the shelter and placing them in a home environment, like they’ve become familiar with, to help them recover.
Orientation is August 11th from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. Reservations are required. If you or someone you know is interested in attending an informational orientation, please contact Linda Sanders at 954-266-6839 or email email@example.com.
The more Adoption Ambassador families that we have in place, the more dogs we can save!
Humane Society of Broward County
2070 Griffin Road,
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312.
We are located just west of I-95 on the South side of the street.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- News2021.05.106 Named City of Coral Springs Business Excellence Award Winners
- News2021.05.10Submit your Best Shot and Win $100 in Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest
- Crime & Safety2021.05.09Coral Springs Couple Search for Good Samaritan Who Returned Wallet left on Top of Vehicle