By: Sharon Aron Baron
The children and alumni of performing arts school Broadway Bound are holding a tribute concert for Marjory Stoneman Douglas where funds raised will be used to help others.
Kassie Meiler, Director of Dance and Resident Choreographer for Broadway Bound said that many of their students attend Marjory Stoneman Douglas, and many will soon attend, as they attend Westglades, Park Trails, Heron Heights, and Riverglades Elementary in Parkland. “They are dedicating their time and energy,” she said.
Meiler said there will be surprise guests as well.
The ‘MSD Strong Tribute Concert’ will be held on March 9, 7:30 p.m. at the Township Center for the Performing Arts in Coconut Creek and 100 percent of the funds raised will support the memory of the students and staff as well as create a scholarship fund.
Minimum donation is $30. Tickets are available at Broadway Bound 9715 W. Sample Road Coral Springs. Cash or check made out to: Shining Stars Foundation.
The Township Center for the Performing Arts in Coconut Creek is located at 2452 Lyons Rd.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.16Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Applications Open to 5 High Schools
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.13U.S. Rep Deutch Calls on Pence to Activate 25th Amendment
- News2021.01.13City Reminds Residents Coral Square Vaccination Site is by Appointment Only