By Sharon Aron Baron
Effective Friday Emergency Order 20-21, issued by Broward County, limits tables in restaurants to no more than six customers — ten if all diners are from the same household.
Restaurants must close all dining and stop serving food and drinks at 10 p.m. However, curbside and delivery will still be allowed.
Businesses that are non-compliant with local emergency orders will receive a citation and are required to close for 24 hours after their first violation and every subsequent citation will incur an additional 72 hours of closure for the business.
Facial coverings must be worn properly at all times if at an establishment other than at an amenity, such as parks, pools, and beaches.
Facial coverings are not required when participating in strenuous physical activity, including exercising or when in a pool, ocean, or other body of water, provided that social distancing of six feet is maintained.
Proper use includes covering over the nose and mouth, as the CDC recommends. When the nose is exposed, or the covering is worn at the chin, the facial covering is not effective in protecting the public from the spread of the virus.
Failure to comply with any requirements included in Broward County Emergency Orders is subject to misdemeanor fines up to $500 per violation, imprisonment up to 60 days, or both, and/or as civil fines of $1,000 per day per violation or fines up to $15,000 per violation for a knowing violation that is irreparable or irreversible.
If these new penalties and restrictions do not prove substantial for the mitigation of the virus and compliance of businesses and patrons, rollbacks of previously opened establishments and activities may be put in place.
According to the city, Coral Springs residents and local businesses must comply with all emergency orders and do their diligence to prevent the spread of COVID-19 within the community.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs