By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Public Schools wants to ensure everyone is well-informed about coronavirus and has created a dedicated web page for information.
Parents can now visit browardschools.com/coronavirus, which will have a self-isolation form, frequently asked questions, and other information. They ask parents to update their contact information with their child’s school to ensure they receive the most accurate news.
As they continue to monitor the details of this rapidly changing situation, at this time, the District has decided that schools will remain open.
According to a statement from the District: It is essential to provide continued instruction and, for some students, meals unless an infection prevents us from doing so. Most healthy students are not at risk for complications from the virus. Medically vulnerable individuals and people over the age of 60 are most at risk from the coronavirus.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states for most of the American public, who are unlikely to be exposed to this virus at this time, the immediate health risk from coronavirus is considered to be low. Closing schools is not currently recommended by the Florida Department of Health-Broward (FDOH) or the CDC.
Important information and numbers:
If you have questions regarding leave of absence or leave utilization related to coronavirus:
a. Contact the District’s Leaves Department at 754-321-3130.
If you need more cleaning supplies for your department or classroom:
a. Contact your Head Facilities serviceperson.
If you have a confirmed, positive case of coronavirus in a Coral Springs or any Broward County School:
a. Contact your administrator or supervisor, who will contact the Office of School Performance and Accountability (OSPA) between 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. at 754-321-3838.
If you have a confirmed, positive case of coronavirus in your District department:
a. Contact the Risk Management Department 24 hours at 754-321-1901.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs