By: Sharon Aron Baron
In the largest healthcare expansion in the history of the city, Broward Health Coral Springs held the official ribbon cutting ceremony for the opening of its new four-story patient tower, following a two-year, $65 million expansion.
Local elected officials, community leaders and supporters were on hand for a tour of the new construction including State Senator Lauren Book and State Rep. Jared Moskowitz who learned about the advances featured in the construction.
Designed to create an environment that enhances the patient experience, the expansion increased the number of hospital beds from 200 to 250 and enlarged the surgical program, including the use of minimally invasive robotic procedures.
Guided tours took visitors around the tower, including the expanded Maternity Place with all-private labor & delivery rooms, a dedicated triage and recovery area, and three new large operating rooms. The second floor hosts the Advanced Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of the Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital with all-private rooms. Surgical suites are housed on the third floor, for key specialties such as general surgery, gynecology, oncology, urology, and more.
“This tower is a statement of innovation, taking into account the latest and greatest technology, design and patient care,” said Jared Smith, Broward Health Coral Springs CEO.
The new patient tower will open to the public in early September. Community tours are being scheduled by appointment on selected dates through the end of August.
“The opening of this beautifully designed, state-of-the-art tower signifies Broward Health’s mission of providing high-quality care to the community,” said Beverly Capasso, Broward Health President and CEO. “This has been our commitment for the past 80 years, and we renew it every day.”
To schedule a tour, visit browardhealth.org.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event