By Ryan Yousefi
Coral Springs residents can stop by the Chabad of Coral Springs this week to pick up some fresh produce free of charge.
Chabad of Coral Springs, located at 3925 North University Drive, will be passing fresh produce to the community on July 22, starting at 5:00 p.m. The various vegetables and salads are being provided by Simply Fresh. Please do not arrive before 5 p.m. as the parking lot will be closed for the trucks to enter.
According to Rabbi Abraham Friedman, the event is open to the public, and something the Chabad has been trying to do as often as possible, especially amid the Coronavirus.
“We have these sorts of food drives almost daily from Monday through Thursday usually after 4:00 p.m.,” Rabbi Friedman said. “However, we don’t have it confirmed until the last minute. Every Wednesday, for the next six weeks, we do know we will be getting a delivery of farm-fresh vegetables and salads.”
Rabbi Friedman says those who plan to attend must only stay in their car to receive the produce. For safety reasons, they’ll have volunteers on hand to place the food inside vehicles as they pull in. He also says if anyone would like to volunteer, they can do so by reaching out to the Chabad on Facebook.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2021.01.22Coral Springs COVID-19 Update: Coral Springs Passes 9,000 Positive Cases
- News2021.01.20COVID-19 Update: This is Where Coral Springs Stands Today
- News2021.01.18Coral Springs COVID-19 Update: Florida Sees Dip In Tests and Cases
- News2021.01.15Coral Springs COVID-19 Update: Florida Sees Near-Record Number of Cases