Hurry and get your application in quickly, the City of Coral Springs is expecting to be overwhelmed with the amount of citizens hoping to be appointed to the Charter Review Committee, a volunteer post that provides input to the City Commission to modernize and improve the Charter.
At the City Commission meeting on March 6, 2013 at 9 a.m., the City Commission will appoint a Charter Review Committee consisting of fifteen individuals. Members will serve in an advisory capacity to the City Commission. Individuals appointed must be Coral Springs residents who are not members of the City Commission.
Members of the Charter Review Committee will begin its proceedings within thirty days after being appointed by the City Commission. All recommendations by the Charter Review Committee shall be forwarded to the City Commission in Ordinance form for consideration no later than March 1, 2014, and in time for any recommendations to be considered by the City Commission at the second regular meeting in November and the first regular meeting in December 2014.
All City of Coral Springs boards, advisory boards, committees or miscellaneous other members serve without benefit of compensation. Anyone interested may obtain an application form at www.CoralSprings.org or by calling the Office of the City Clerk at 954-344-1065. Signed, original application forms should be forwarded by February 8, 2013 to:Josephine Chavez City Clerk City of Coral Springs 9551 West Sample Road Coral Springs, Florida 33065
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.07Register Now for the ‘King of Coral Springs’ Chess Tournament in Coral Springs
- News2021.05.06Pet Therapy Dogs Delivers Message in Honor of National Nurses Week
- News2021.05.06City of Coral Springs Facilities Still Require Face Masks, Despite Executive Order
- News2021.05.06Pet Supermarket Honors a ‘Teacher’s Pet’ that Helps Students Learn