By: Sharon Aron Baron
On Friday, the City of Coral Springs amended Emergency Order 20-01 to extend provisions for apartment-style senior living communities.
According to the latest statement published, they are committed to doing everything possible to protect the senior population from the spread of COVID-19.
The amended orders require these communities to close communal dining, workout facilities, require employee screening, and the use of protective gear.
Facilities are encouraged to contact the city if they need additional resources.
The City of Coral Springs stated they understand the impact COVID-19 has had on the economy as well as residents and is devoted to providing resources that will help everyone get through this crisis.
In addition to resources, the city is providing residents with social distancing tips for picking up take-out from local restaurants. This effort is to remind residents looking for local food options, to practice all CDC recommendations, and adhere to our emergency orders.
Social distancing refers to maintaining physical space between people if congregated.
This is a strategical effort to keep groups from coming together due to COVID-19. If properly implemented, this action can help mitigate the community-spread of the virus.
Here are a few tips for customers ordering food take-out:
- Use disinfectant wipes to open doors
- Only enter the facility if there are less than ten people, including staff
- If there are other people in the facility, maintain six feet of separation at all times
- If you use your credit card to pay at the cash register, disinfect the card before putting it away
- Clean and disinfect any pen or stylus used to sign receipts or bring your own pen from home
- When you get home, take the food out of the containers and throw them out
- Wash your hands thoroughly before eating
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20