By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs will host a blood drive in partnership with OneBlood, and all donors will receive a free wellness checkup including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, iron count and cholesterol screening, in addition to a free COVID-19 antibody test.
City Manager Frank Babinec said in recent weeks, they have seen an unprecedented rise in confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State of Florida and Broward County, and now more than ever, it is essential for residents to remain vigilant through preventative measures and testing.
“The blood drive is important so we can assist in replenishing our blood supply, while the free COVID-19 antibody test provides residents with information about potential exposure to the virus,” he said.
The City of Coral Springs continues its commitment to protecting the health and wellbeing of residents as they navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. Testing, practicing good personal hygiene, and mask-wearing are all steps we must take to further prevent community spread.
The antibody test is authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It will indicate if the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to the virus, regardless of whether they ever showed symptoms.
Donors will be able to see their results in approximately 48-96 hours after donating, by logging into their donor portal at oneblood.org.
The blood drive is held on Friday, July 17, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at 9551 West Sample Road. Donors must be 16 or older and weigh at least 110 pounds. Photo ID and face coverings are required. To make an appointment, visit here or call 954-655-3900.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.13U.S. Rep Deutch Calls on Pence to Activate 25th Amendment
- News2021.01.13City Reminds Residents Coral Square Vaccination Site is by Appointment Only
- News2021.01.13Coral Springs Resident Named Board Chair of Children’s Harbor