By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades boys basketball competed in the Legacy Sunshine State Explosion Showcase this week and won a pair of nail-biters.
Their first win came against East Coweta High School (Georgia) 55-52 on Wednesday before defeating Maedowcreek High School (Georgia) 63-61.
It is also the third straight win for the Jaguars, who have won all three games by three points or less. They previously beat Weston Ranch High School (California) 58-57 on Dec. 22 to snap a four-game losing streak.
“They stepped up to the challenge,” said Head Coach Stefan Whittingham. “They understood how important these two games were, and they showed up and got the job done. Our defensive intensity has risen over these past two games, and we plan to bring it into the Gibbons game.”
The Jaguars are now 10-7 this year and will play Cardinal Gibbons in their next game on Saturday, Jan. 7, at 2 p.m. The Chiefs have won the last three s between these two teams, picking up 67-52 in their only meeting last year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.03Coral Springs High School Girls Basketball Wins District Championship; Boys Team Hosts on Senior Night
- News2023.02.03Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Team Places 3rd in State Championship
- News2023.02.01CSC Girls Basketball Advances in Playoffs; Boys Team Hosts Senior Night
- News2023.01.294 Teams From Coral Springs Compete in BCAA Wrestling Tournament