By: Matt Rothman
Head Coach Chris Hawley says this is probably one of the hardest working and dedicated senior groups he has ever coached.
“They are all very unselfish and always looking to help the team in any and every way possible,” said Coach Hawley. “I can see many of them playing professionally one day and continuing to have great success.”
Nine athletes were also honored for Senior Night: Julian Gil, Johann Morais, Mateo Villalonga, Prince Johnson, Samir Dominguez, Johnathan Hines, Cedric Alce, Matthew Kent, and Eybar Morales.
Coral Glades had a pair of seniors score goals in Hines and Dominguez. It was his tenth of the season for Hines, which leads the District. Junior Daniel Matza recorded two goals while Hines, Gil, and Johnathan Herrera had assists.
The Jaguars improved their record to 4-7 and have outscored their opponents 11-3 in their four wins. They had previously beaten Western, Cooper City, and Coral Springs Charter.
Next, Coral Glades will have a rematch of their 2021 District Championship Game from 2021 against Marjory Stoneman Douglas on Tuesday, January 11 at 7 p.m. The Eagles currently have a record of 6-1 and have scored 29 goals in seven games.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches