By: Matt Rothman
After graduating, Colton took a year off from playing football, took classes at Palm Beach State College, trained four to five times a week at the gym, and kicked at the Tamarac Sports Complex.
He then committed to play his first year of college football at Dodge City Community College, where he was the starting punter and reunited with high school teammate Demetri Robinson. Colton had 64 punts in ten games, with a long going for 64 yards and placing 17 inside the 20-yard line.
Colton, though, always wanted to play division I football. He grew up watching the Owls, and his father, Marc, graduated from FAU and worked with the football and basketball team. Once a spot opened up, he knew he needed to take it.
“I feel like Coach Herman and his staff are building something special at FAU,” Colton added. “I am so excited I get to be a part of that.”
While playing in high school, Eisenberg, who graduated in 2021, made sure to give back to the community. He donated five dollars for every field goal and extra point, along with all his touchbacks and punts inside the 20. He raised $125, which he donated to the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital.
Colton knows there is still plenty of areas to improve on. While he was brought in as a punter, he will work hard to placekick and do kickoffs.
“I would have never thought I would be in a spot a year ago, but that shows with hard work and overcoming obstacles, anything can happen, Colton said. “My hard work is paying off, and I am just so excited to enter the next chapter in my life.”
FAU is coming off a season where they went 5-7 and picked up wins over Charlotte, Southeastern Louisanna, Rice, UAB, and FIU. Colton has three years of eligibility and will start classes on Jan. 7.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.03Coral Springs High School Girls Basketball Wins District Championship; Boys Team Hosts on Senior Night
- News2023.02.03Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Team Places 3rd in State Championship
- News2023.02.01CSC Girls Basketball Advances in Playoffs; Boys Team Hosts Senior Night
- News2023.01.294 Teams From Coral Springs Compete in BCAA Wrestling Tournament