By: Matt Rothman
It was an incredible day for the Coral Springs Charter cross country team, especially after taking first place in the City Championship on Tuesday.
Held at Tradewinds Park, the Panthers had all five of their racers finish in the top ten. Abby Foster took second place overall, Mackenzie Maniscalco in fourth, Katie Foster in seventh, Lynnae Varkala in eighth, and Marissa Micioni in ninth.
For Kate Hearn, the school’s cross country coach, the City Championship is always a big race for the girls.
“Anytime trophies and medals are involved, runners want to be sure they place,” said Hearn. “They asked if I thought we could win it, and I said if everyone was to run their best. We definitely could have a shot, and they definitely stepped up.”
The City Championship was the team’s second race of the season and the second time they came in first. Up next, they will compete again on Wednesday, September 29, at Central Park in Plantation.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.12.03Coral Springs Charter Gymnastics Star Sydney Crouch Signs to Compete in College
- News2021.12.02Coral Glades Girls Basketball Off to Best Start in 13 Years
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Picks Up 1st Win
- News2021.12.02J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Team Soaring as Season Progresses