By; Matt Rothman
It is always an exciting matchup when Coral Glades and Coral Springs Charter face-off, and Monday was no different.
The Jaguars’ boys and girls basketball teams picked up wins and are now combined for nine this year while the Panthers’ two teams have seven victories.
In the boy’s game, it wasn’t easy for Coral Glades facing a team that had only one win in their first nine games, but the Jaguars managed to pick up a 63-48 victory over CSC to move to 4-6 this year.
Next, the Jaguars are set to play Stranahan High School on Wednesday, January 12 at 7:30 p.m. The Mighty Bears are currently 13-1 to start the season and won the last meeting between these two schools 63-50 in 2018.
CSC will also have a tough matchup on Wednesday when they face unbeaten North Broward Preparatory School at 5:30. The Eagles are 14-0 this season and rank among the best in the State.
It was a tight defensive battle throughout the girl’s game, but the Jaguars managed to come away with a 45-43 win at home to move to 5-6 this season.
Next, Coral Glades will also host Stranahan on Wednesday, January 12 at 6 p.m. However, like its boy’s team, the Mighty Bears are 0-10 this year and have yet to score more than 32 points in a game.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator