By: Matt Rothman
Not only was it Senior Night for the Coral Springs Charter boys and girls tennis team, but they also had a former player in attendance for the match.
“Seeing Jose brought life back into me and the heart of our team,” Said Head Coach Melissa Shank. “Since COVID-19 prevented us from having a Senior Night last night, it just allowed our team to heal from 2020 and the damage it caused.”
Maddie Barbanes, Kayla Humphrey, and Juhnou See were the three seniors honored. They all won their singles and doubles matches as the girls defeated Coral Springs High School 7-0 and the boys won 4-2 for their first win of the season.
According to Coach Shank, this senior group has been together for seven years and has been the complete backbone the entire time.
“These seniors have not only the ability to change this team but also others,” Coach Shank said. “These seniors turned my dreams for this team into a reality. Every coach could only be as lucky as me to have coached them and been a part of their success.”
The Panthers also received a terrific performance from newcomer Marylin Ghantous. The team will next be in action in Districts later this month after playing their last regular season match.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision