By: Sharon Aron ‘Baron
In the City of Coral Springs’ latest update on Monday, they have confirmed four COVID-19 cases. However, they have encouraged residents not to focus on the low number of reported cases.
According to the city, test results are still pending, and additional test sites have opened in the tri-county area within the last 48 hours. Therefore the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases across Broward County is expected to increase. See the city by city data here.
A list of Broward County testing sites, requirements, and instructions can be found on the city website under the testing tab. Residents should continue to follow the CDC guidelines related to hygiene and social distancing.
An Emergency Commission Meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 24, 2020, at 5 p.m., as requested by Mayor Scott Brook.
The meeting will be aired on CityTV, Blue Stream Channels 25, 25.2, 725, and also on AT&T U-Verse channel 99. Residents can watch the meeting live or listen on City Radio on station 1670 am.
Use the call center for public comments at 954-344- 5900; those who wish to participate must submit a public comment form. To view the meeting’s agenda — which states this will be a discussion about coronavirus.
For residents who may not have access to view the meeting by any of the virtual means provided above, the city will be providing access to view the meeting on City TV outside the Coral Springs Municipal Complex at 9500 West Sample Road, Coral Springs.
Those who plan to attend, please practice social distancing by keeping six feet distance to those around you.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.04.05COVID-19 Cases in Coral Springs from the Florida Department of Health April 5
- News2020.04.04COVID-19 Cases in Coral Springs from the Florida Department of Health April 4
- News2020.04.04Parkland and Coral Springs Schools Nominated in 18th Annual South Florida Cappies
- News2020.04.04By Popular Demand: Updated Coral Springs Restaurants Offering Curbside and Delivery