By Jill Fox
As children are getting bored and parents reach their limits, the Museum of Discovery and Science (MODS) has a way for families to spend spring break experimenting through virtual learning.
With a focus on engaging, enriching, and inspiring tomorrow’s workforce – today, MODS is offering Coral Springs students free fun online STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) activities, resources, and high-quality educational content in the comfort of their own homes.
From Monday, March 23 through Friday, March 27, Virtual Camp Discovery will include content such as school program lessons, outreach classes, new aviation-themed makerspace activities, slime of the day, storytelling, science shows, animal meet and greets and more.
Videos will range from reading and hands-on activities to science demonstrations, each with accompanying activities. They will be released through MODS’ enews and on their social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
For more information, call 954-467-MODS (6637) or visit mods.org.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- News2020.09.1713 Coral Springs Schools Make the Grade for Community Engagement in Education
- News2020.09.15Donate Your Plasma Now to Help Save a Life
- News2020.09.03Paragon Theaters in Coral Springs Now Open: Health and Safety a Top Priority
- News2020.08.21New Emergency Order Modifies Restaurant Closing Hours